Bark Busters Home Dog Training - Coronavirus • COVID-19
This page gives advice and guidance for all potential customers and existing customers of Bark Busters UK, during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will be updated as new advice becomes available.
We'd like to take this opportunity to reassure all our clients that, in light of the coronavirus outbreak, we continue to operate our services as normal, continue to monitor the situation, and continue to observe the Government guidelines. The safety of our clients and trainers are our number one priority and we will continue to update clients as new guidelines and events unfold in the coming days. We have introduced new measures to protect our clients and our trainers, and we stand ready to continue to support clients through the outbreak. We are asking all existing clients to advise us if they have confirmed or suspected symptoms of coronavirus. We also ask all clients to please notify your trainer, prior to any home visit, if any member of your family has been overseas in the last 14 days, are experiencing any symptoms of coronavirus, or if anyone in the household is self-isolating.
- We are continuing to help you and you dog(s)
- We will be offering different ways to support you, including remote support
- We will observe the Government guidelines including, shaking hands and the 2-metre rule
- We will be grateful if clients can provide somewhere for trainers to wash their hands
A more detailed explanation as follows:
During the current phase of the coronavirus outbreak we continue to operate as normal, and our trainers are continuing to service customers, their dogs and households as normal.
Our number one priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our clients, our Bark Busters trainers, and the communities in which we live and work together.
As we learn daily about the impact COVID-19 is having in the UK, and around the world, our utmost priority is to work with you to adapt our training support and safety precautions to help reduce the risk of contributing to the spread of this awful virus. We remain committed to provide you with continued support, as we honour our agreements with you, and to help you get results from your training in a timely and effective manner.
Considering the current environment, we would like to share with you, safety measures we are implementing, effective immediately, to maintain our commitment to supporting your ongoing training needs, balanced with a rapidly changing health and safety environment. These include:
- Lesson confirmations – our trainers have been advised to communicate pro-actively with all clients in advance of lessons. This is to confirm if residents and visitors of the household where training will occur have not experienced any signs of respiratory illness within the last 14 days, specifically those symptoms of COVID-19. These symptoms include fever, cough, or shortness of breath. We have also advised our trainers to reschedule lessons if you, or a member of the household, have returned from overseas in the last 14 days. If there are any indications of these symptoms, or if there has been any recent overseas travel in the last 14 days, we advise our trainers to reschedule the lesson to a later date and consider the option of providing training support remotely by telephone, email or video call.
- Sickness – we have advised our trainers to stay home if they show any signs of symptoms of COVID-19 and to arrange alternate means to provide client support.
- Avoidance of contact – during lessons in your home, our trainers have been advised to avoid traditionally welcoming gestures such as handshakes, as well as to avoid contact with humans, pets, devices, products and all other surfaces. In addition, we have advised our trainers toavoid sharing mobile devices to play videos and to take precautions when completing the paperwork and invoicing process, which we believe will have no material impact on the effectiveness of your training.
- Cleaning and disinfecting – we have advised our trainers to take precautionary cleaning measures as advised by the World Health Organisation both prior to, during and after all home training lessons with clients. We ask that all our clients provide the ability for our trainers to wash their hands in your home. Your trainer will have their own soap, towel and hand sanitiser with them. In addition, we would ask all our clients to please disinfect your door handles in the rooms that your trainer will be using, prior to the lesson. I’m sure you’ll appreciate how important it is to take these safety precautions and to limit the spread of this virus.
We will be making available to our clients the option of using remote training support. Those capabilities may include the use of recorded or live video along with telephone phone support techniques that have proven successful with all our Bark Busters trainers worldwide.
Should you prefer to have ongoing support provided by remote means, please let your trainer know when scheduling lessons. Similarly, should your trainer learn that conditions and/or symptoms warrant remote support, they will communicate and schedule alternative arrangements with you.
We are implementing these additional safety precautions to reduce the risk of exposure and spread for everyone in the Bark Busters family, and to enable you, our clients, to continue receiving the valuable support we have committed to you.
We appreciate your understanding of these safety precautions and looking out for both your and our best interests, collectively.
Should you have any questions about our new safety measures we encourage you to contact your trainer to learn more. We are always here to help address any questions or concerns you may have.
Bark Busters UK